The College Research Committee (CRC) helps to promote research at college level while FPRC is responsible for promoting Research in FP. Its roles and responsibilities include:
- Promote research and research education within the University.
- Advise, formulate recommendations and provide information to the University Research Board (URB) on research, research-education, policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Advise and make recommendations to URB on University’s research operational and strategic plan.
- Encourage faculty to submit a new research grant to TRC either individually or as a research group. It is desirable that these researches are within the “Oman Research Strategies”.
- Be responsible for the planning and policy development relating to the improvement of the research activities.
- Support and Encourage students to participate in Research projects with staff.
- Support and Encourage faculty members or faculty Research groups to apply for internal research grants.
- Reviewing the applications submitted by the faculty members for internal Research grants and incentive claims.