The office provides student with personal and career-oriented support. The major functions include:
Student part-time employment has been introduced since the academic year 2004-2005. Students may be eligible for part time employment if they are in their third year or above. They fill out an application form at the Office. Those who are eligible are kept on active file and sent to departments that request student.
The Office works at:
- Identifying different departments' needs of students' jobs.
- Identifying the students who need Work-Scholarship in the University, Colleges, Departments, Units, and Divisions.
- Assisting with part-time and internship job placements.
- Assist students with job search strategies in order to understand the process of career choice and planning.
- Organize workshops and seminars on job search techniques and self- marketing (i.e. Resume writing, networking, interviewing skills...etc.)
- Maintain and update a vacancy list of current jobs available in the market.
- Create a Career Guide Manual for use by potential graduates
- Mediate between students and employers through lectures and workshops.
- Keep undergraduates informed about the career openings available.
- Co-ordinate with colleges regarding career guidance.
Career guidance workshops and lectures at DU included participants and collaborators from several companies and institutions, such as Shell, Oman National Bank, Dhofar Power, Salalah Duty Free, Salalah Port, and Salalah Sanitary Drainage Services.
Career Guidance Office Activities
- The Career Guidance Office participated in the second exhibition for career opportunities and training at the College of Applied Sciences in Salalah. The Office participated in the exhibition to introduce students from Dhofar University to the government and private institutions and encourage qualified national cadres of university graduates to join the labor market.
- The Career Guidance Office organized a lecture on the training program for job seekers in the field of information technology. The program is for graduating students and those who are to graduate next in the Field of Information Technology. It was presented by a team from the Office of Information Technology. Students liked the lecture and thanked the organizers of the Lecturer, wishing for similar lecture in the future, because of the benefits that they gain from joining such programs.
- TThe Career Guidance Office in collaboration with the Student Council organized a lecture presented by: Leila Al-Shahry one of Dhofar University graduates for the year 2006 and the lecture discussed studying at the University and her continuous efforts to continue he education. She made a comparison between her life before and after studying at the University.
Back to Top