Department of Registration Overview
Registration is the operation in which a student selects his/her courses, have them approved by his/her academic advisor, pays the required fees and then registers with by Online using the Student Portal (DU SIS) in the University website or by the help of the academic advisors at the colleges .The department announces the dates of and procedures for registration in the University Calendar and posts them on bulletin boards inside the University and on the University’s website.
The period of registration ends one day before classes start. Late registration is permitted for a certain period which is usually two days from the beginning of classes with the approval of the concerned Dean of the college. One of the consequences of not registering on time is that a student may not find enough courses to register in. Students who want to make changes in their schedules should do so during the drop and add period during the fall and the spring semesters and during the first two days of the summer session either through the Internet or through the Office of Admission and Registration, when registration through the Internet fails. The University has the right to cancel all the courses in which not enough students registered. The minimum number of students required for a course not to be cancelled varies from one college to another.
Objectives of the Department of Registration
- Offering the best services and working to reach the future stage of being a Deanship by realizing its mission and protecting its achievements in order to keep the good reputation of Dhofar University and serve both the society and the country.
- Offering the best services to students and faculty members of the various colleges as well as society.
- Developing all the systems working in the Department to keep pace with the new developments whether current or future.
- Participation in the development of the policies and academic procedures related to admission and registration and academic probation and similar matters.
- Developing the human resources in the Department so that each person realizes the professional quality appropriate to his/her field.
- Making the employees of the Department reach the levels of expertise in their fields and provide consultation in matters related to admission, registration and academic policies.
- Building a complete information system that raises awareness in the various specializations of the future Deanship.
- Offering advice and consultation in matters related to admission and registration on the national level.
- Opening channels for interaction between the department and other departments of admission and registration on the national, the Gulf, the region and international levels.
- Protecting the achievements of the Deanship along with drawing a higher goal to be realized in the future.
Back to Top