- Internet: Internet service is offered by the university library for all users to be used in scientific and academic fields. The library provides two labs with 40 computers to access the electronic services provided by the library such as the electronic data bases and automated searches, etc. To use the Internet, the user must secure a user name and a password from the University computer and networks center.
- Automated Search: The library offers automated search service in the library catalog by providing automated search engines distributed throughout the library and the search would be by the title of the book, the author or a particular subject. The result of the search will appear based on previously defined data with a classification number (giving the place where the book is located on the shelf) to get the book showing whether the book is available or checked out, etc. It shows also whether there are other available copies in the library. The following table illustrates this:
|State or The Book||Description|
|Available||On the Shelf|
|Out||Copy Borrowed by another user|
|Reserved||Put on reserve by a faculty member for a course|
|Requested||Requested by a user to borrow and read|
|Cannot be Borrowed||Reference: Such as Encyclopedia, Dictionary, Periodical or Theses|
|Lost||Copy lost because of theft, loss or vandalism|
- Responding to users' inquiries: Personally or on the phone or by e-mail.
- References: The reference section in the library will help users and researchers to obtain the required information accurately and easily from the collections of books, references and various sources of knowledge available in the library, such as encyclopedias, dictionaries and theses. It also provides the users with the requested electronic articles not available in databases that the library has access to.
- Training and Counseling:This is a guidance and training service provided by the library to the users to make them aware of the library services and holdings, direct, and train them on how to use the online catalog and databases of electronic information for books, periodicals and other references using the easiest methods in workshops and outreach programs.
- Copying and printing: The library provides copying and printing services for its holdings of printed and electronic books and scientific journals using university identity cards (RFID) that can be charged and re-charged according to the approved copying policy for a nominal fee (one OR for every 70 pages). There are two copying machines available in the two Internet laboratories for this service. It is prohibited to copy an entire book or periodical to preserve copyrights.
- Borrowing: It is the operation of borrowing library material or renewing it or returning it electronically. It is also possible to apply to reserve library material or report its loss or inquire about the amount of fine for delayed library material or the deadline of returning it. Users can borrow books themselves through a special device in the library that is activated by the University ID card.