Students who wish to apply to DU Postgraduate program can do so online through the DU Website (www.du.edu.om). The Online admission is the only way through which DU accepts the admission applications. For students with special needs, DU can provide assistance to complete this step in case the student has no one to help her/him out in this step.
The steps of completing the online admission are set clearly stated on the DU Website, as the following:
“Please note that before starting filling in your application online, read through the preliminary instructions available in the beginning of the online application to know the required documents that should be attached to your application.”
“Once you know the documents, scan them and save them on your computer desktop and name them preferably this the following way: first name – national ID – type of document (example: Muhammad – 123456789 – certificate). Then, you are ready to complete your application.”
The applicants can enroll in master’s programs in two periods:
- The deadline of receiving the applications for fall semester from 1 June 1 to 25 August
- The deadline of receiving the applications for spring semester from 1 December 1 till 25 to January
Approval of MoHERI
All admissions to the Postgraduate Programs are provisional subject to final approval by Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MoHERI).
To apply for admission to a Postgraduate Program, the applicant must submit the following documents:
- Application Letter should submit to director of postgraduate studies
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) not more three pages.
- Bachelor Degree Certificate (Original + Copy)
- Bachelor Degree Transcript (Original + Copy)
- Copy of Identity Card
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of General Education Certificate or its equivalent
- 2 Personal Photos
- IELTS Certificate not less than 6 points or its equivalent as applicable (Original + Copy)
- Equivalency Letter for any certificate that has originated from a foreign country
- Two years’ experience Certificate (as applicable) issued by the employer for government sector employees and from the National Employment Center for private sector employees.
- 50 Omani Rials (non-refundable)